December 2-3, 2017 — Carson Calif.
Contact: Xelha.Lopez@gmail.com; or call Xel’ha at 714-541-0250 Registration: https://hermandad.campaignrep.com/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=3
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1
- Reception for International Guest Speakers / Meet and Greet ( 7 pm to 9 pm)
Doubletree Hotel (2 Civic Plaza Dr. Carson, Calif.)
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2
- Registration & Opening Plenary Session (9 am to 11 am)
Plenary sessions and workshops all at: California State University-Dominguez Hills Carson, Calif.
- First Session of Workshops (11:15 am to 12:45 pm)
- a) The fight against the NAFTA and Privatizations in the U.S. and Mexico (with a focus on the fight to preserve and expand public education and healthcare on both sides of the border
- b) Culture and Languages in the era of NAFTA
- LUNCH (12:45 pm to 2 pm)
- Second Session of Workshops (2 pm to 3:30 pm)
- a) The Fight against the Wall of Shame and Deportations b) The Struggle for Women’s Rights in the era of NAFTA
- Third Session of Workshops (3:45 pm to 5:15 pm)
- a) The Struggle for Labor Rights and Unionization on both sides of the border
- b) The Youth Struggle in the era NAFTA
- Special Plenary Session (5:30 pm to 7 pm)
The Nuts and Bolts of Organizing Boycotts, Nationally and Internationally: The Driscoll’s Boycott and the “Vuse” JR Reynolds Boycott
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 3
Closing Plenary Session (9:30 am to 1 pm)
Union Hall of United Steelworkers of America 1200 E. 220th Street
Reports of Workshop Decisions, with focus on Campaigns – Boycott Driscoll’s, Boycott « Vuse » JR Reynolds, No Deportations / Legalization of All Undocumented Immigrants, Cancel NAFTA, etc.